As a speaker I like to engage the audience with stories, participation and reflection – and I try to add in a bit of humour too, sometimes with success!
I have delivered a number of keynote speeches and given workshops at forest school, outdoor play and outdoor learning conferences over the last few years. I have also been a key facilitator for the week long Art of Mentoring event organised by Nature Culture Scotland since 2010 and told many a story at festivals and around fires at gatherings over the years.
Although I would be able to write a speech to go with a theme, here are some of the speeches I have ready to go, with accompanying workshops
- Natural Teachers – using natural energy cycles and childhood passions to engage students and plan learning with the Natural Flow learning model
- A sense of place, a place for learning.
- The art of the playful forager.
- Maps to learning outdoors.
- How music and nature connection create community.
- Using Natural cycles and directions to inspire Education and create community. Natural Flow Learning and The 8 Shields Model is a proprietary road-map, based on natural cycles, applied to educational strategies, personal development, community building, organisational processes and more.
- Childhood passions – a key to playful learning outdoors.
If you are cooking up an event interested in having me along to help flavour the moment give me a call on 0044 (0)7980 601830, as I would love to speak to you.