Wild food and Organic Chicken from the farm. Delicious!!!
Bringing the wild home a journey into the seasonal wild edible flora of East Devon
The focus of this course is to make a chicken and nettle curry to accompany many side dishes made from other wild and edible plants collected on the farm, supplemented with local organic ingredients – (but we’re not going to actually hunt the chicken!)
What’s the plan?
- To meet at 5.30 for a 6pm start
- Wander into the farm landscape to identify and experience at least 15 different edible plants
- Gather wild plants to make a range of simple dishes with accompaniment of local organic veg and chicken or eggs from the farm.
- Cook up at the camp kitchen
- Feast in the outdoor dining area
- Enjoy the camp fire later on into the night if you are staying over (for the fire by friction course the next day.)
Price £30 plus camping fee of £5-10 if you are staying over.
Click on one of the buttons below to book your place in this or all three of the courses I am running that weekend.
The Nettle fritters were in great demand last time….