Learn how to make fire by friction using the bow and hand drill.
20th May 2017 at Bulstone Springs Farm, Branscombe, East Devon with Chris Holland
This course will transform the way you feel part of nature for ever!
10-4pm Saturday 20th May 2017
£65 Yummy organic lunch included. With the option of camping the night before or after for suggested donation of £5-10
Making your own fire is one of those moments you will always remember.
It’s also a great skill to be able to pass on down through the generations in your family. It’s not all about brawn though…
On this day course you will:
- Identify and select the right kinds of wood for the various parts
- Make a complete kits to take home using simple tools
- Learn about the precise science of angles and forces needed to produce an ember
- Produce the passion you need to bring fire into your life!
- Try two of the most simple ways to make fire by friction
- Make fire by at least one of them and produce the passion you need to bring fire into your life!
- Have a yummy Organic lunch with ingredients from less than 10 miles away (the farm produces organic chicken birds for table and egg production
- Have the opportunity to stay over and sit around a campfire late into the night.
- Directions sent when you book… but have a look below to see roughly where we will be!
Arrive at 9.30 for a 10 am start.